Bare with me here on some of these entries because this is my journal and want to remember these funny things about Sadie....
So we're in church on Sunday and we hadn't even made it to the sacrament yet, and Sadie tells me that she pooped. (Sometimes she tells me when she's soiled her diaper, but most of the time she doesn't.) She doesn't smell, so I figure that she went number 1 instead, so I grab a diaper, take her out to the bathroom and change her, then we come back. A few minutes later- Sadie tells me that she pooped again. I checked her bum and there was no sign of number 1 or number 2, so I told her she was fine and handed her a book. Well, that certainly was not what she wanted, so she started yelling repeatedly "pooped, pooped, bum, bum," and then got a diaper out of the bag and handed it to me...Drew and I were so embarrassed that Drew just grabbed her and took her out, and as she was leaving, I saw this big grin on her face! Drew and Sadie came back a short time later, and sure enough after a few minutes Sadie said "pooped". I checked her again and everything was fine. I told her she was okay, and then she started yelling "pooped pooped, bum, bum" again! It's then that I realize she's just saying that to get out of church! Drew and I were able to distract her with some crackers, juice, pencil and paper. She did bring it up a couple of other times during the meeting, but by then she realized we were on to her little scheme, so she eventually let it go :)
April 2018
8 years ago

2 comments:
That is hilarious!! What a cutie. Oh and thanks for the Baby Wise tip, I'm willing to try anything! It's nice to know he isn't the only one not sleeping at 6 months!
That's so funny! Kids are so smart!
Post a Comment