So after being Primary teachers for just over 2 years, both Drew and I have new callings in our ward. I'm First Counselor in the Primary Presidency and Drew is Secretary in the Young Mens. Drew is perfectly fit to be in young mens...he's so good with the youth. Me on the hand I'm not so sure about. Well, first of all, let me say that I have grown to love Primary and the children in it so much. I was a little skeptical about our primary teaching calling at the beginning for a couple of reasons. First, we didn't have any children at the time, and I wasn't so sure about how to teach or act towards children, especially if they misbehaved or made off the wall comments. Second, I hadn't seen a Primary room since I was in Primary myself...so I was very hesitant about the whole thing, but over the last two years, and after having a child of my own, I felt much more comfortable and grew to truly love attending primary and teaching the children. Although I still feel completely inadequate and very nervous about my new calling, I am very excited because of my acquired love for Primary and the children in our ward.
No comments:
Post a Comment