Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Outlaw

Okay, I have another funny story, but this one isn't about Sadie. This is about a little sunbeam in our Primary. He has blond spiked hair, and wears his cowboy boots to church each week. I nicknamed him "the outlaw", and not just because he wears cowboy boots. I wrote the outline for our primary program this year, and I had the sunbeams say "My name is ____and I love my family". When it was the outlaw's turn, he stood up to the mic and loudly said "My name is ____and I love my family, except my dad." I've never heard an entire congregation burst out with loud laughter before that moment. His dad is a very fun, likable, well respected ward member, so this made it really funny. I latter found out that when the outlaw and his dad were rehearsing his part, the dad told him to say "I love my family, especially my dad", but he must have been a little nervous on the stand because it came out as except. This was one of the best backfires ever! And I'm 100% relieved to have the Primary program over. I was so stressed about it...I thought I was going to throw-up that morning, but I don't know why- the kids are all so cute and they did a fantastic job!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is a really good story!!! Funny boy!