Monday, March 9, 2009

Tubes

After 6 ear infections, Sadie finally had tubes put in her ears on Thursday, March 5. The surgery went really good! She was such a trooper! The most difficult part was her not being able to eat anything that morning. She kept asking for a drink and something to eat, so I had to keep distracting her. Sadie entertained the nurses by making animal sounds. They were quite impressed with her speaking abilities. The surgery only takes 15 min. and they put her under with gas, so she woke up very dazed. We had to stay at the surgery center for a while, so they could make sure she was okay. All of the other kids that had the same surgery were screaming! and Sadie was just chillin' on my lap drinking her milk from a sippy cup. I don't think she cared about what was going on, just as long as she had her milk :) Actually, it was a very nice time for me, because Sadie was content to sit on my lap, which never happens. The funny part was that she was in slow motion for a a few hours. I gave her some crackers to eat when we got home and she slowly nibbled on them. Usually she tries to stuff as many as she can in her mouth at one time. Then she began playing with her toys in slow motion...it was hilarious to see her the opposite of what she's usually like. Sadie was never fussy or upset, so she did awesome; and hopefully our days of fevers, sleepless nights, and fussiness are over!Here's Sadie after her surgery. The Doctor gave Sadie this cute t-shirt to wear. I had to take a picture of her laying there, because this never happens. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shame she has a nappy on I would love to c her littlepussy